Views: 1 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2019-10-11 Origin: Site
Centre Pivot and Lateral Move systems are self-propelled irrigation systems which apply water to pasture or crop, generally from above the canopy.Centre Pivot systems are anchored at one end and rotate around a fixed central point. Lateral systems are not anchored and both ends of the machine move at a constant speed up and down a paddock.Centre Pivot and Lateral Move systems require an energy source to move water from the source to the plant as well as energy to move the machine on farm.
1. Centre Pivot or Lateral Move systems consist of the following components:
2. A span is the pipe and framework between two towers
3. A tower supports the spans and contains drive mechanisms and wheels
4. Outlets are the points at which water exits the main pipes
5. Emitters are attached at outlets either directly or on rigid or flexible droppers. Water is applied to the plants through emitters
6.Droppers are rigid or flexible small diameter pipes that allow emitters to be placed closer to the ground
7. Lateral Move systems share similar technology to pivots and are suited to large rectangular areas - up to 200 ha.